Known as the ‘150th Anniversary Project’ and officially opened by HRH The Princess Royal, this impressive scheme involved the construction of a new extension and associated internal refurbishments and alterations. A vaulted day room was formed at first floor level with curved curtain walling to complete the stunning design, all whilst the home remained fully operational.
Care Home Extension & Alterations
The Royal Alfred Seafarers’ Society
Edmund Williams Architects Ltd
Items of work included:
- Demolition and strip out of existing partitions and finishes
- Structural alterations including steelwork installations
- Internal partition construction and alterations
- External works including new paving, new resin bound patio, ramps and paths
- Installation of new aluminium glazed screens, doors and bi-folds
- External joinery redecoration and external refurbishment works to entire buildingdoors
- Internal carpentry and joinery package including bespoke items – reception desk and dining room bar
- Mechanical and electrical package including provision of new assisted shower facilities and installation of a high-specification electrical and lighting design
- Wall and floor finishes including wall tiling, safety flooring, carpeting and matting
- Complete re-decoration of the new and affected areas including extensive wallpapering works and specialist spraying of existing aluminium entrance doors and frames.